other dogs won't play with her

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
TeamFrankie

other dogs won't play with her

Post by TeamFrankie »

Hi everyone,

Im currently pet sitting for a french bulldog who is using a wheelchair. I took her to the dog park and noticed that other dogs are not playing with her. They sniff her and walk away.

Was wondering if there are play groups for handicapped dogs or if any of you have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
inessa
critters
Founding Member

Re: other dogs won't play with her

Post by critters »

:strobe: Hmm. Typically critters don't care about such things. Could you have a play date with other dogs and use treats or yummies to help with introductions?
rosalynleyva

Re: other dogs won't play with her

Post by rosalynleyva »

First off, major kudos to you for being an awesome pet sitter and looking out for this sweet French Bulldog! 🐾 It's so heartwarming to see people like you making sure all pups get the love and playtime they deserve.

As for playgroups for handicapped dogs, that's such a fantastic idea! While I don't have a specific group in mind, I did come across an interesting article on dog behavior issues and solutions that might have some tips: Dog Behavior Issues and Solutions. It covers various topics, and who knows, there might be something related to helping our differently-abled furry friends feel more included.

Have you tried reaching out to local dog communities or social media groups? Sometimes, there are gems of advice and support to be found there. And who knows, you might stumble upon some pup parents who have experience with handicapped dog playgroups.

It's such a lovely thing you're doing, making sure this pup has a great time despite the challenges. If you find any cool solutions or if there's anything else you'd like to share, I'm all ears!