Cats: Food & litter

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
Vemane

Cats: Food & litter

Post by Vemane »

Ok, I have had BT and Katana for about 3 months now, but I have a couple of questions:

1) What kind of litter should I get to cut down on the smell? Right now I am just buying the cheapest kind that I can find. It smells horrible in the bathroom even after I just clean out their litter box.

2) What kind of food should I get them that is best for them? I haven't noticed any hairball or litter box problems, but I just want the best for them. Right now, I am getting them some Purina Indoor Cat formula with a can of wet food every third day.

Thanks.
Last edited by Vemane on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Cats: Food & litter

Post by critters »

:slant: Well, you could try different litters and see what you like. The Walmart house brand of scoopy litter is VERY dusty, so I don't know that I'll get it any more.

I have a boy cat who makes crystals, so mine eat the urinary food from Walmart, mixed with Cat Chow. They don't like the urinary stuff, but Baby Boy pees Kool Aid without it.
CarolC

Re: Cats: Food & litter

Post by CarolC »

Hi Vermane,

What kind of handicap do your cats have? Also, what age are they? If they are still kittens, kitten waste smells stronger than adult cat waste, it will get better as they grow up.