Kitty Litter

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
Pam (Riley's mom)

Kitty Litter

Post by Pam (Riley's mom) »

Hello kitty lovers. When my Megan was spayed the vet suggested I use Yesterday’s News for kitty litter. I’ve been using it since but in the past year it’s jumped in price from $6.99 to $13.99 and it’s time for a change. What kitty litters do the cat owners here use and recommend and/or do not recommend? Megan thanks you in advance for your feedback since she wants her mommy to continue to be able to afford to buy hairball treats.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Kitty Litter

Post by critters »

Sue recommended pine, like Pine Fresh, and we just tried it. Gotta say I like it A LOT. It's dustless and a hit with everybody but Buddy. For now, at least, we use scoopy and regular, in addition, and Tripod likes crystals. So, in other words, we use it all!! :lol:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

EverClean extra strength unscented (clumping). It has nice small crystals that must be comfortable on the feet, and it is advertised for allergy sufferers (both pets and people). It isn't the cheapest clumping litter, but it lasts well and does not crumble when you scoop the clumps like Tidy Cat.
Pam (Riley's mom)

Post by Pam (Riley's mom) »

Thank you Critters and CarolC for the answers. I had heard that clumping litter is not good but if both of you are using it I'll give it a try too.