Has anyone had to deal with this?

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
Tiffany

Has anyone had to deal with this?

Post by Tiffany »

Hello everyone,
I have a friend whos dog has a small cut on his Penis under the sheath she has taken it to the vet and they say all she can do is keep it clean and wait for it to heal and not to put anything on it. Everytime the dog pees he bleeds and the blood is not coming from the same hole as the pee Its a tiny whole just to the side of where the pee comes out. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now and I just cant believe that nothing can be done about it. anyone know anything about this kind of thing? Any insight or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Eros & Tiffany
Eros & Tiffany
Never lose hope, Miracles happen all the time!
critters
Founding Member

Re: Has anyone had to deal with this?

Post by critters »

How about the "new" critter first aid spray? It's Cavilon, so it's safe to use, and it might keep pee from irritating the spot. It should protect it, at any rate.
Pam (Riley's mom)

Post by Pam (Riley's mom) »

Call another vet and let them know you are just asking for a second opinion. In my experience, a vet tech has always come on the line and given me their opinion.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

how about tissue glue?
they could clean and dry the area, then put tissue glue in the cut. It is very good for small wounds.
Cavillon is also a good idea, and could be sprayed over the glue and surrounding skin.

it never hurts to get a second opinion! :)

headbonks and purrrs

bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"