Personality change in small dog with head injury

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
Lester

Personality change in small dog with head injury

Post by Lester »

HI again, it seems that Hobo's pain is gone and he is walking alot steadier than he was. He don't run into things anymore. The vet says he is as good as he is going to get, but I see improvement every day or maybe it is just wishful thinking. I try to get the grandkids to approach Hobo slowly, but they really don't understand what happened and why he is like he is. He will let them pet him but only if I am holding him close like he used to like to be held, and then only for a few minutes then he starts to squirm around and wants down and goes to his blanket. Christmas is coming I will try to get a picture of Hobo after that. Thanks for listening. talk to you all soon. Lester&HOBO
ems736336

Re: Personality change in small dog with head injury

Post by ems736336 »

It sounds like Hobo is doing a good job of recovery. It may take even longer for him to feel better. If the grandkids are old enough, I would encourage them to let him be. Hobo obviously needs to be left alone at times and if they are approaching him from the side where he does not hear or see it might be really hard for him to understand what is going on right away. I think you are right to let him be on his blanket and left alone when he wants to be. Poor little guy has had quite a trauma. He is lucky you are there for him. Take care.