Where do I leave him?

Post any other problems here that do not fit into the categories above.
Serenity

Where do I leave him?

Post by Serenity »

Hello my friends, I have to make a trip out of the state, my grandma is in the ICU and she is not doing any better. I don't know what to do with Tyger(cat) my family is a NO-NO I asked them and there isn't a way they would at least come to check on him and I just can't go and leave him behind. I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Christine

Re: Where do I leave him?

Post by Christine »

How long will you be gone? I have left my cat for two weeks with neighbors checking in every couple of days. I left huge bowls of water and dry food and even an extra litter box. Cats are much more self sufficient and as long as you have plenty of food and water and someone makes sure the litter box does not get over filled, you should not have a problem. You could also leave a radio on for company if you think he needs that. Do you have anyone who would just come and check him out? Did you find his baby?
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Barbara Boehmer

Post by Barbara Boehmer »

You could hire a pet sitter to stop in once daily and take care of your cat. A lot of veterinary technicians at veterinary offices do this as a sideline. Or you could board him at your vet or other boarding facility. You can also set up a webcam connected to the internet, so that you can view your cat at any time, from anywhere you can access the internet. You can get such a webcam cheaply at various stores that sells electronics, such as Best Buy, and various websites provide such services for free. Here is a site that offers such services for free:

http://ww.com/
Barbara Boehmer (not a veterinarian, just a fellow pet owner)
connie

Post by connie »

so sorry about your grandmother, hope and prays she gets better. i know i am late posting. just wondering if it is possible to take cat with you. a lot of motels would rather have a pet stay than kids now a days. lol
hope everything works out. i would really be in a bind if i had to go somewhere. NO ONE wants my cricket. i wouldn't even go into hospital because of him when i was ill.
your in my prayers,
connie and cricket
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

Hi friends, thanks a lot for all the well wishes, well I found a place where they take care of pets for $10 a day, they will provide dry food, litter, bed, etc. if I want I can bring canned food for Tyger. I am so happy because I know they will take good care of my baby. It is hard to explain all this to my family they just don't understand the bond that pet parents have with their pets.

I saw Tyger's baby the other day but I haven't been able to do much for him I will call the SPCA and see how they can help me with this matter.

Thanks again and blessings for all.