Dolly

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
CarolC

Re: Dolly

Post by CarolC »

Still tearing and having plastic remain stuck fast to the denim diaper. Tried something different today. Cut the Poise in half, removed the paper that protects the adhesive, cut the paper in half the long way, stuck the strip of protective paper back on the adhesive (centered), and put the pad in the diaper. So the pad is sticking to the diaper on the two sides of the adhesive but the center part of the adhesive does not stick to the diaper because the paper protective strip is on it. It worked this morning. The pad stayed in her diaper without shifting as far as I could tell, and it was easy to remove. So I tried it again. It's a lot less trouble to cut the protective paper in half and stick it back on, than to try to pick and rub and peel the darned plastic off the denim diaper once it decides to glue itself on permanently. It will even still be stuck on there after washing and drying. :roll:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I've been removing the protective paper and folding it in half lengthwise and reapplying it, saves getting the scissors out every time. Doesn't sound like much but every little thing that speeds things up helps.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I'm so proud of Dolly today. We moved Nov 28 and we are back in our house we lived in from 1995-2007. It has a sunporch which is about a 9" drop from the kitchen. We've lived here 2 months and Dolly is fine going out the door but needed a boost to get back in, which I've been doing, so she is used to that. Last night I got out Matilda's old ramp that we used to use here for that door and put it back in place. (Matilda was a mini-dachshund with an umbilical hernia and I did not want her rubbing her tummy going in and out the door). At first Dolly asked to be boosted up as usual, so I put treats on the ramp and she went up. The next time she asked, I traced my finger up the ramp and she went up. This morning, she just went up. She is independent for coming in the door now, I guess I should have done it sooner. :) We need a ramp smiley on this board! :lol:
Sasha's Mom

Post by Sasha's Mom »

:cheerleader: :snoopy: :cheerleader: :applaud:

Ramp smiley or not, it's always a pleasure to read news about new achievements!
Be simple, be earnest and spread that simplicity throughout everything you do.
http://eagles-sparrow.com
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Awww, thanks!!! :D

:thankyou:
Christine

Post by Christine »

I just reread her history. That is wonderful to hear. She did that to please you. I can imagine how thrilled you are! <3
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Congrats! She must be smart!!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I am in search of a waterproof diaper cover for dogs. My dog wears a denim diaper that gets wet if she goes out in the wet grass, and I often keep her in till after lunch when the sun has burned off the dew, which is not happy for her, she wants to go out. I have a PoochPads brand diaper that is waterproof that I can put over her denim diaper and it will work if the grass is recently cut short and not too wet, but it does not fully cover the denim diaper so on a really wet day she still gets her denim diaper wet and I have to change her and waste a pad. If anyone knows of a good pair of doggy "plastic pants" or similar, let me know. I've tried to think of a DIY but it is hard to adapt something that will fit both her leg and tail without using a lot of tape. :lol:

:thankyou:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Hmm. Any chance of a human one working?
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I don't know, I didn't try looking but I could. The way I remember standard "plastic pants" they do not have any velcro or anything, you just pull them up on the baby. But that's a good idea, I'll see if I come across anything either human or doggy. :D I'm having this crazy idea I might be able to literally do something with Saran Wrap, not reusable but not expensive. All it has to do is cover the diaper so it doesn't get wet, and I have to be able to get it on her without too much fuss. If I manage to do it I'll post a picture! :photo: lol
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I'm NO expert, but I swear I've seen velcro plastic pants somehow. I don't know if they'd work, though--whether the leg holes would be too big. These are just a couple of examples from Amazon, but so far no velcro ones. These have snaps. https://www.amazon.com/Haian-Adult-Inco ... pants&th=1

Velcro!!! https://www.amazon.com/Bummis-Super-Whi ... pants&th=1
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

That's encouraging, snaps might be OK if they have the size. I started following suggestions off your links and found this, too, it is pretty much what I am imagining. I wonder if she would catch the cord on anything when she's bouncing around. They come in extra small or small. I need to measure her waist while she is wearing a denim diaper. I was thinking the grey is pretty ho-hum but she won't care, she just wants to go outside when it's wet, and :idea: if you put duct tape on the seat where she bounces, it wouldn't hardly show because it's the same color, right? :lol: Shipping is only $4.99 and that's really good on shipping, but this is 2 diapers and I only need one so I'm hoping I can find something cheaper that is just one diaper...like $12 or $15 plus shipping instead of $30 plus shipping. I might look some more, but these look about right...

https://www.amazon.com/PACK-WATERPROOF- ... per+-belly
waterproof_diapers.jpg
P.S. You might be wondering why I am looking for this now after having her so many years. I'm asking myself that question. I think it is because we moved. Our old house had a big patio and the yard was a different kind of grass (St. Augustine, which is very coarse and dense, I think it kept her bottom up out of the roots of the grass) and wetness was only an issue if it had just rained, it was not an issue every morning like it is now. Where we live now the back yard is Bermuda grass and the dew clings to it for hours for some reason even though I keep it short. All I know is, we didn't have this problem with the old yard. I don't know why it's different but it is. And of course it has been a damp Spring. I'm sure she does not understand why I keep keeping her in till after lunch. :( It's kind of a disability rights issue, she should not be limited on playtime because she wears a diaper, she should have as much time outside as she wants like a normal dog.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

CarolC wrote: P.S. You might be wondering why I am looking for this now after having her so many years. I'm asking myself that question. I think it is because we moved. Our old house had a big patio and the yard was a different kind of grass (St. Augustine, which is very coarse and dense, I think it kept her bottom up out of the roots of the grass) and wetness was only an issue if it had just rained, it was not an issue every morning like it is now. Where we live now the back yard is Bermuda grass and the dew clings to it for hours for some reason even though I keep it short. All I know is, we didn't have this problem with the old yard. I don't know why it's different but it is. And of course it has been a damp Spring. I'm sure she does not understand why I keep keeping her in till after lunch. :( It's kind of a disability rights issue, she should not be limited on playtime because she wears a diaper, she should have as much time outside as she wants like a normal dog.
LOL! Yes, needs change, and, too, sometimes it takes awhile to dawn on a new idea for something better. I bet the dew doesn't dry quickly because of the yard's orientation. At my house, the eastern grass dries hours before the western grass, which is shaded by the house. I also agree that ideally she should have as much playtime as her sib.

I like those diapers. You'd think a third-party seller would have prices low, to try to get reviews. You've done reviews, so you might consider messaging them about that. You should be aware, however, that Ammy is presently warring about such "relationships." I guess you trawled thoroughly and couldn't find somebody selling singles? Typically Ammy has sellers for singles, multis, cases, and almost any other permutation you can think of!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I REALLY like how that company stresses things like measurement versus size. Frankly, I wish other companies were as concerned about that.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Hi guys...

Found them on eBay $25.99 and $3.99 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pack-2pcs-WATER ... DuXzUZ3Uzw
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08