New to wheelchair, peeing issues

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
verf

New to wheelchair, peeing issues

Post by verf »

My 12.5 y/o GSD has only had the wheel chair two days and is taking to it pretty well.
My question is about the rear harness (twin tubes). His flow seems obstructed. not near the stream he has without it. In fact, he'll pee a bit, but as he takes a step, the stream opens up, which is why I know somethings not right with the harness.
I'm looking for tips on the position of the tubes and the velcro that holds them together, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Thanks! HUGE improvement for him!
verf

Re: New to wheelchair, peeing issues

Post by verf »

Thanks for the response.

Its def a C, with the tubes held together with the velcro strap. The tubes go front to back (parallel with the wheel chair). He's taken to using it which is great. But still seems to struggle to pee. Number 2 is easy for him
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Are the leg rings hanging down about 2-3" from the frame? If they are too tight, it might be causing pressure on the abdomen.
verf

Post by verf »

AH!
I must have misunderstood somehow when I watched the video. I thought it wasn't suppose to droop! Ill fix that right away and see how it goes!
Thank you very much!
verf

Post by verf »

My beloved Sarge passed Friday. Our hearts are broken.

But I thank Walkin' Wheels for a great product that extended his being able to go outside and enjoy life for a little longer.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I'm sorry for your loss. :(
N1sunrider

Post by N1sunrider »

Sorry about your recent loss...
N1sunrider

Post by N1sunrider »