a story not many people know. How I got The Bendy Clan

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

a story not many people know. How I got The Bendy Clan

Post by BendyMom »

Six Toes is the end of an era. Losing her closes a long chapter in my life.
Everyone associated with me knew Bendy and heard about his sibs, but I rarely talked about how I actually got them.
Thsi page was written over 16 years ago, I don't think the kittens were a year old yet when i wrote it.
this forum was a handful of people on a basic message board then, my first handipet friends.

I won't go into detail about the people mentioned in this story. I just want to share how I got teh Bendy Clan. They started me into rescuing handicapped cats/kittens. I poured my soul into savign that gang. A huge piece of it is now gone with SixToes.
Hermes passed away last year of pancreatic cancer. Ereshkigal three yars ago from heart failure, and my Bendy Boy, light of my life, died almost seven years ago of a massive kidney cyst. He was only ten.

http://www.alittletlc.com/long_sad_story.html
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
CarolC

Re: a story not many people know. How I got The Bendy Clan

Post by CarolC »

I can't believe they didn't even check every day when kittens were going to be born. That must mean they didn't give fresh water every day, or...anything.

Considering the genetics and the start the Clan had, they did amazingly well. SixToes was around 17, which is old. Hermes 16, that's old too. Ereshkigal, 13 and my vet says with cats anything over 12 is a gift. No words for Bendy, if only it could have been different. But everything you do has grown out of that, and everyone who knows the story knows what it goes back to. Just seeing Bendy's name on the board and knowing what you do helps me keep going.

Sometimes I look around at the pets in our house and try to think what pets they overlapped with who were here before, that they would remember. Do they remember the ones I am remembering? Are we kind of remembering them together? On some level, I think yes.
But all the while I sit and think
Of times there were before
I listen for returning feet
And voices at the door.