Help w/poo in the bed

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
Ldropps

Help w/poo in the bed

Post by Ldropps »

Frankie is back to feeling better. He's on special food for his allergies and his poo is back on its regular schedule for the most part.

I am still looking for a solution to poo in the bed though - Occasionally, if he gets over excited/scared he will poop. I have tried expelling before bed, diapers, and a drag bag, none of which worked fully. The diapers have a hole for the tail and the poop just goes through the hole. Frankie hated the drag bag and wouldn't sleep with it on. I've tried having him not sleep with me, but I'm a sucker.

If I could just put a regular diaper without hole on him, but I don't know what to do with his tail.

I'm mainly asking for my husband. It doesn't bother me at all and honestly doesn't happen that much now - maybe once a month and is often my husband's fault because Frankie gets so excited when he comes home from work - My husband will hold him for awhile and then set him down on the bed. My husband is the type that if he sees it once then it must be happening all the time. While he's really good at picking up poop if he sees it, he won't sleep in our bed. That is fine for now, but I don't know about how health it will be long term for our relationship.

Any advice would be welcome.
- Laura

Mom of Frankie, a yorkiepoo adopted on 12/28/16 at 6 months old. He was stepped on at 9 weeks & broke his back at T12. He has underwent water & cold laser therapy. On 2/9/17 he received his cart. There's no stopping him now!
CarolC

Re: Help w/poo in the bed

Post by CarolC »

Yeah, it sounds like you're just going to have to get him diapers with a cord lock tail. Here is an example from Sam's Dog Hut, but there are other brands out there. I know the Sam's ones are good, I got some for a dog who used to mess in the underwater treadmill sometimes.

https://www.samsdoghut.com/ecommerce/do ... wraps.html

:diaper:
P.S. Once a month is really good! :trophy:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Is he mobile enough that putting a pee pad in the bed wouldn't work? I prefer washable pee pads on the bed, and sometimes using a mattress pad as the topmost blanket is enough protection. My current brain damaged permakitten is trained to his own bed, at the foot of mine, because he tends to pee. He has a large (bed-sized) pee pad, some blanketing to cover it, and a top blanket that he can (usually) get under on his own. We have 3 pee pads, a bunch of the middle blankets, and 2 of the top blankets (VERY hard to find ones that work because they need enough body and stiffness, plus they're getting away from blankets for human babies, I think) so I can wash.
Ldropps

Post by Ldropps »

CarolC wrote:Yeah, it sounds like you're just going to have to get him diapers with a cord lock tail. Here is an example from Sam's Dog Hut, but there are other brands out there. I know the Sam's ones are good, I got some for a dog who used to mess in the underwater treadmill sometimes.

https://www.samsdoghut.com/ecommerce/do ... wraps.html

:diaper:
P.S. Once a month is really good! :trophy:

Thank you. That is perfect.
- Laura

Mom of Frankie, a yorkiepoo adopted on 12/28/16 at 6 months old. He was stepped on at 9 weeks & broke his back at T12. He has underwent water & cold laser therapy. On 2/9/17 he received his cart. There's no stopping him now!
Ldropps

Post by Ldropps »

critters wrote:Is he mobile enough that putting a pee pad in the bed wouldn't work?
When it happens he goes to the bottom of the bed. My husband has this phobia of waking up covered in poo, which is ridiculous, got to love him though.
- Laura

critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Ldropps wrote:got to love him though.
Which one? LOL
FYI

Post by FYI »

Ldropps

Post by Ldropps »

- Laura