travel tips

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
puremutt

travel tips

Post by puremutt »

Anybody has tips for the trip we plan between South FL to Oregon?
We will travel with our RV. The dog ramp is gonna be too steep for those steps, i can't seem to find something else; tips?
Any nice places for the dog to walk?
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
Nancy21

Re: travel tips

Post by Nancy21 »

Hi,

Essentials for your road trip if traveling with a paralyzed dog:-
1. Pack your dog’s medications, diapers, pee pads and baby wipes.
2. Take your pup’s lifting or support harness, booties and wheelchair.
3. Take medical and vaccination records. Update vaccinations before you leave so your dog is protected for the area where you are traveling.
4. Pack a bed, bedding or soft crate for inside the car. Make sure it is secure so your dog is stable while the vehicle is moving.
5. Be sure your dog is wearing an ID tag that includes your cell number.
These tips will help you a lot. I also have a dog which is paralyzed. I followed these tips and I was able to easily tackle some problems.

Thanks

https://lessonsfromaparalyzeddog.com/ti ... lyzed-dog/
critters
Founding Member

travel tips

Post by critters »

:whale: nancy21! Good suggestions!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:slant: Are you planning to take the cat, or do you need ideas for babysitters?
romensmith73

Post by romensmith73 »

Hello there,

These are my undisputed top choice, and the choice I have picked each time we have left town. Feline sitters can be experts for enlisting, a relative, neighbor, or companion that you trust to enter your dwelling place care for your dearest feline(s). I propose picking somebody who lives near you or who isn't against remaining over at your home in your nonattendance. It's an awesome plan to have the potential feline sitter over preceding leaving them with the errand of thinking about your felines so they know where the nourishment is, the amount to take care of them, how to deal with the litter box, etc. They can likewise set aside some effort to let your felines become acquainted with their fragrance on the off chance that they aren't as of now.
vimeo11

Post by vimeo11 »

As a passionate traveler, I can give you one important tip if you’re planning to cross borders or travel internationally with your dog, you’ll need your dog’s health records on hand. These are necessary to prove that your dog is healthy and vaccinated.