Ishkur's symptoms are improving.

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Ishkur's symptoms are improving.

Post by BendyMom »

The vet who saw Ishkur has a lot of experience with CH cats (aka wobblers) and he stated that this is NOT a CH kitty. I have little experience with them so I couldn't say one way or the other.
Ishkur has a symptom that reminded me a lot of my girl Mimosa, who had severe brain damage from an anoxic event under anesthesia (she stopped breathing).
Ishkur is improving. Doug the vet, when he saw her over a week ago, was very surprised at how much better she was. He thinks she will walk again given time.
Tonight I noticed something about her. She wasn't curling her body spasmodically into a C shape. She still has some twitches, but that big one had stopped. I didn't give her any Gabapentin this morning since last night she got a little dopey, so this improvement is not from the medicine.
That is a symptom I saw in Mimosa when she first came back from surgery, it is unmistakable. Hers stopped after two weeks.

I have spoken with the person who brought me Ishkur to see if we can get more information on this kitten's history. I think some kind of accident happened. Maybe momcat slept on her, who knows. As often happens the person who gave the kitten to my rescue friend was not the original owner, but the granddaughter of the owner so we don't know how much information we can get. Until someone can tell me definitely otherwise I believe she had some sort of trauma/accident/something that caused her brain to be deprived of oxygen and resulted in brain damage.

This is alittle video I did when she had just woken up. She stretches out her front paws and waves them at me to say come here. It is very cute.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QVqyAA9avJpo87gB7
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
CarolC

Re: Ishkur's symptoms are improving.

Post by CarolC »

Wow! It's not CH and she might walk again? :shock: Wouldn't that be wonderful! I'm glad you got a vet with a lot of CH experience. Hope to hear how she progresses.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Ishkur's symptoms are improving.

Post by critters »

Personally, I call them all CHers unless they're unmistakably something else, even Baby Boy, who's significantly brain damaged from being eaten. Brain damage is brain damage to me, just like cerebral palsy from a young age. He eventually learned to walk and can jump to a point, but climbing is out of the question, not the least of which because he's a functional tripod with his left arm unusable. When he gets off the bed, though, he's like a bowling ball. He used to be a bowling ball getting in, too. He refuses to use the stairs.