Incontinence & Athletic Supporter

For those seeking advice on caring for incontinent pets and animals with kidney-related problems.
FYI

Post by FYI »

http://www.mzjf.info/hints.htm#INCONTINENCE

This helpful hint comes from Cindy, owner of La Paw Spa. I think it's a super-neat idea.

For incontinent (incontinent with urine) girl or boy dogs....use an athletic supporter (a "jock strap") and a sanitary napkin. You put the "cup" area of the athletic supporter in the dogs groin area, and the straps go over the dog's back. Put the sanitary napkin in the correct spot inside the cup, and presto! You've got a "diaper" that allows lots of air circulation and is easy to change.

She used an adult-small size for her 75 pound GSD.

She said you can also cut the staps and put velcro on them, so you can easily open and close the straps (instead of pulling the supporter on like a pair of pants each time).
critters
Founding Member

Re: Incontinence & Athletic Supporter

Post by critters »

Interesting. Have you tried it? Does it work?
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I just can't picture it. Seems like the tail would make it crooked. I could always picture the boy's underwear idea really well with the tail through the fly. :smart:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Yes, but a jock strap is so different from that, and yes, not as familiar to most people.