Wheelchair ‘skipping out’

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
LisaK

Wheelchair ‘skipping out’

Post by LisaK »

Hi. My dog has had his wheelchair since august. He took to it straight away and loves it. However, lately it has been skipping to the side on walks. I’ve wheeled it around without him in it, but it still does it. I’ve also changed his tyres as the original ones were quite worn. This helped a little but it’s still doing it. I’m concerned that the jerking movements caused by it might cause him some discomfort. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
nbregger

Re: Wheelchair ‘skipping out’

Post by nbregger »

Hi Lisa, Please send me a video of your dog in the wheelchair from a rear view (please get down low when doing video). That way I can tell you what's going on and tell you how to fix that skipping motion. I'm glad you purchased new wheels as that might help somewhat. I will also need to know your order number or last name to find your account. :thankyou: Nancy You can send everything to:
nancy@hpets.net
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Lisa,
Another thing to check is make sure the wheels are not angled back and keep them perpendicular to the ground (one notch in between two notches on the top of black knuckle). Are both wheels kicking outward or just one side? Nancy
LisaK

Post by LisaK »

Hi

Both wheels are skipping out. They’re perpendicular to the ground and are both between the notches

Thank you
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Lisa,
I think you should order new knuckles from Zoom a Dog. I watched your video again and something might be loose inside the knuckle.
LisaK

Post by LisaK »

Thank you. I’ve ordered a new set this morning. I’ll let you know how it goes!
LisaK

Post by LisaK »

Hi Nancy

I’ve changed the knuckles, but no difference unfortunately