Marnie - wheelchair Havanese - South Portland, ME

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Marnie - wheelchair Havanese - South Portland, ME

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/marnie-special-needs-56844406/me/south-portland/almost-home-rescue-of-maine-me65/ wrote: Marnie - SPECIAL NEEDS
Havanese Mix South Portland, ME

Adult Female Small Black, White / Cream

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Affectionate, Loyal, Smart

Coat length
Medium

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, children.

Meet Marnie - SPECIAL NEEDS
Marnie is a 8 year old Havanese mix that is 13 lbs. Her early life must have been a tough one which has left her paralyzed in her back legs. We suspect due to some trauma in her younger life.

Marnie doesn’t know that she’s a broken dog, who was brought to the shelter and left there to live out her life. he does wear diapers. She’s a happy girl who runs and walks with joy and enthusiasm!

In her foster home she is learning to master her wheelchair, for easier mobility, but will gladly walk around using the strength of her front legs.
Marnie has been evaluated at LSU vet school and our local vet and is in otherwise good health. She’s up to date on all vaccines and Hw negative.

Marnie would love to be your constant companion… her needs are very few and her love is boundless.

Adoption fees cover age specific vaccinations, spay/neuter, microchip, heartworm/lyme/ehrlichia test, worming and transport fees.

Adoption fees:
Through 6 months of age $450;
7 months to through 5 years $400;
6 years and under 9 years $325: bonded pairs are $500;
9 years and older $250: bonded pairs are $300

This dog is available unless it is marked as Pending, meaning Pending Adoption. This dog is in foster care locally, ONLY if Maine or New Hampshire is listed next to the dogs name; otherwise, the dog is still waiting with our partner rescue for an adoption or foster home in New England.

PLEASE NOTE - We will check your veterinary reference, to ensure that current and prior dogs have a history of being kept up to date on rabies and distemper, have had annual heartworm tests, and are on heartworm preventative at least 6 months of the year. Current pets must by spayed/neutered.

Imported dogs are transported on a USDA approved transport with a Health Certificate. All imported dogs are quarantined 14 days prior to getting on transport.
HM_ahr@yahoo.com