Cats: Update on Ariel

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Debbie

Cats: Update on Ariel

Post by Debbie »

Thank you guys so much for all your help and encouragement. I took my little paralyzed kitten to the vet today and got a lot of feed back but nothing I already didn't expect. She can't use her back legs not because of an injury or infection, she was born that way. She is deformed in more ways then one. On top of not being able to use her back legs, she has 7 toes on each of her front feet and her urethra is attached to her anus. We aren't even possative (she) is a girl because of no external sex parts. Her quality of life depends on if I can keep her back end clean enough and if she isn't prone to chronic bladder infections. The vet isn't sure if there is anything between her bladder and the outside world. She pees through a little hole right in front of her anus. Do you believe someone just dropped this little one off in an apartment complex??
critters
Founding Member

She's lucky she found you!!

Post by critters »

Maybe she has spina bifida? Alisa G's Trixie has it and is a happy diaper kitty. See previous posts about skin breakdown and Cavilon spray to help keep poop and pee off her skin.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

What an amazing story

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

They find us. I am convinced.
CarolC

BENDY KITTY was working with someone

Post by CarolC »

who had a beautiful little Persian kitten with a fistula. Hopefully Bendy will be by soon. Here is a link to the beginning of that discussion. Very unfortunately, the owner of the kitten gave up. I hope this kitten will have happiness for as long as she can, and I'm glad she found someone to care for her. (I trust the vet shaved her little bottom? That would help.)

<a href="http://www.handicappedpets.com/cgi-bin/ ... 33">Latest fistula thread</a>
Debbie

Re: She's lucky she found you!!

Post by Debbie »

My boyfriend isn't so convinced that she lucky she found me. He thinks I'm cursed...LOL. The vet shaved her bottom so it would help keep her bottom clean. She also said the only way to find out what sex Ariel is is to get her fixed. When they are in there, they will look and see what sex organs she has, if any. She said it's possible Ariel doesn't have any sex organs at all. What a trip, huh? My email addy has been krippledkennels373@msn for a long time because of all the injured and abused animals I come across, people would call my house that but now I really have a crippled critter. Poetic justice I guess...LOL