News: Blanche / wheelchair to donate *PIC*

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Winnie

Re: News: Show off !!!

Post by Winnie »

Way to go girls :->

Winnie
Winnie

Re: News: Blanche / wheelchair to donate

Post by Winnie »

Dear Sarabeth,

Happy 2006 !

How's Ellie getting on with her new wheels?

Winnie
CarolC

Re: News: Blanche / wheelchair to donate

Post by CarolC »

Hi Winnie,

Did you ever hear from Sarabeth? Did she have any pictures yet?
Winnie

Re: News: Ellie and her Eddies Wheels

Post by Winnie »

No, Carol, haven't heard from Sarabeth since Dec.
I hope I will soon. Would love to know if Ellie is doing well.
Thanks for asking :-)

Winnie
Winnie

Re: News: Ellie and her wheelchair

Post by Winnie »

Dear Sarabeth,

Haven't heard from you for a while.

Guess what, one of the dog shelters which I had approached before for donating the wheelchair asked me to write an article on the caring of paralysed dogs. Actually, I am not qualifed to write a piece on this issue since Blanche left within a month of her paralysis. However, I would very much like to take this opportunity to tell people NOT to put down their disabled dogs. There are always other options. I think I'm going to post this website and the site of Eddieswheels in the article and also to tell the story of the fighters here and of course Ellie's.

Do you mind sending me pictures, better still video clips, of Ellie in her wheelchair when you have time?

Last but not least, how's Ellie doing?

Many thanks!
Winnie
Sbee

Re: News: Blanche / wheelchair to donate *PIC*

Post by Sbee »

Winnie!

Just an update to let you know how well Ellie is doing. I can't believe that it has been six years! We were told that if Ellie didn't resume walking after 8 weeks, that she never would. Luckily, you came along, and the wheelchair. Ellie loved the chair, and it gave her little tail its wag back, for sure. About a year later? She started walking again. She was a little shaky, but walking all the same. Now that she's getting older, she is having more trouble standing - so back to her beloved chair. I'm so glad that we made the decision that we did, and I can't say enough about your generosity. Thanks, again!!!!!

~Sarabeth
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Dear Sarabeth,

Thank you for the update ! I never expected that I would hear from you again. It is soooooo wonderful to hear that Ellie was able to walk again one year after the disc rupture (if I recall correctly) and that she is able to make use of the wheelchair again a few years later. The wheelchair is one of the most meaningful gifts I have ever made. Thank you for giving me the chance to change the life of your lovely family member !!

All the best to you and Ellie !!!

love
Winnie
Christine

Post by Christine »

How cool is this....an update on a story six years later! I was not around when your thread was created, but I just read it this weekend . It must be so comforting to donate your beloved's chair to help another. It is so hard to lose one 16 days later, let alone 16 years. What a legacy she has left behind. Isn't it amazing the connections people make here? I am sure Blanche is smiling down on Ellie and her mom.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08