Other: Carol C... NOT a orge

This is an archive of previous forum messages.
Mary and Roxy

Other: Carol C... NOT a orge

Post by Mary and Roxy »

Hi CarolC..and all
I really appreciate all your advice..I've still got her on crate rest. I plan on doing it at least 6 weeks... I'm being one mean momma about that. Maybe I'm coming across wrong about all of the running she's doing. Every time I'm talking about what she does is in the amount of time she's out to potty.

When she first came home from the vet she would pee in her diaper, but only because it would come out( but only a little) when I picked her up to take her out..soon as her feet hit the grass she assumed the"position" and would wait till I could slip the diaper off (which I did fasttt couldn't even take the time to undo the tapes) as she's peeing id slip the ( I used a shawl folded over a couple times under her } then she would walk veryyyyyyy fast to poop. She's never been a poop in one place kinda gal. she would go a little then walk about 5 feet do a little more walk off and do a little more etc, etc, once she was done id wipe her off (tho she never got messy) but a diaper back on and carry her back to her pen. I started taking her out more often so we could avoid the peeing when I carried her outside.. but I could tell she was getting sore from me picking her up. So then I started putting the shawl under her and letting her walk to get outside. I noticed she wasn't peeing much with the shawl under so I tried making the thing that looked like it looped under each leg. she went potty more but no matter how much I tried to keep it taunt it kept slipping off her hips. So then I started just putting her leash under her belly hips, she went potty more but I figured it had to be hurting her; I ordered her a "walkabout" She loves it
Because she dosent potty in her diapers I thought maybe leave the walk about on her . She freaked out so bad in her crate I made her one out of plastic lattice that I can just pick up and move anywhere in the house(its like a tear drop shaped fence) has no top or bottom just something to cage her in.. For the last 3 days its been so easy to go potty. I just lift the lattice up, sit it to the side, bend down, stand her up, grab the strap. Were off to the back yard.( I don't leave the walkabout on her over nite, just during the day when I'm around all the time} she does her business, we walk back inside. I sit her down (in what ever room I'm gonna be in for a while) go get the lattice and sit it around her..If I leave the room we were in for more them a couple min's, she starts panting a lot. So I go back and grab the lattice, put it in the next room I'm going to be in. Go back, pick her up, carry her and sit her inside the lattice..
I'm rambling on to much. I just wanted you to know I AM listening and do what you suggest.. I just think I'm not conveying it to you properly..
The time she ran after the cat I was holding her butt up with my hand ( I did it that way so I wouldn't have to put the strap under her belly to walk her inside )if I haddent ran along with her I would have had to just drop her butt and I was sure that would have caused more damage then the running..( ha ha I say running I'm a 45 year old woman with a bad back hunched over carrying her butt..what was running to me was more like a quick trot to her) The most she's out of her cage is maybe 5 minutes at a time.

I just didn't want you to think your wasting your time talking with me

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much ! ! !
Mary and Roxy ;o>~
CarolC

Boy can I relate to running along bent over holding the rear

Post by CarolC »

connie

Re: Other: Carol C... NOT a orge

Post by connie »

awwwww you sound like you are working your butt off. but i can relate. what we do for our fur kids huh? lol. sounds like your doing a great job to me. and i know it's worth it. sometimes i am so tired, but when he looks up at me with such love in his eyes, i thank god he is still here and doing as well as he is. so u go girl! congrats. your pet is always in my prayers.

hugs from connie and cricket
Tinker's Mom

Been there/done that

Post by Tinker's Mom »

The mental image is priceless.:)

During that phase of his recovery when we walked him on a rear harness, Tinker would sometimes literally have us running in circles as we struggled to convince him to change direction. Even handicapped, he still has that stubborn Beagle streak....lol.