New : Disabled Animal Adoptions Website (crosspost)

Post here if you would like to adopt a special needs pet.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
FYI

New : Disabled Animal Adoptions Website (crosspost)

Post by FYI »

From: Celine Higgins <disabledanimal@gmail.com <mailto:disabledanimal@gmail.com> >

My name is Celine and I'm a third year student at UGA's College of Veterinary Medicine. I found that there needs to be a better system to connect disabled animals online because I had the hardest time looking for a precious wheelchair dog.

Therefore, I am in the process of making www.disabledanimal.com <http://www.disabledanimal.com/>

This is a classification system to where people can list their animals for free and it is completely dedicated to disabilities. If you do, please take the time to list your wonderful disabled animals on the automated site. I was so frustrated at petfinder because you can't classify all of them as "special needs" and expect people to sort through 1,000 + hits. It's bare bones right now but I'm going to do my best to make it well-established.
You have full control over the listings just like in petfinder.

Please help me to spread the word! Please disregard this e-mail if you have already received it before. I'm trying to tell as many people as possible :)

Celine Higgins
University of Georgia
College of Veterinary Medicine
DVM Class of 2012

disabledanimal@gmail.com <mailto:disabledanimal@gmail.com>
phynixfyre

Re: New : Disabled Animal Adoptions Website (crosspost)

Post by phynixfyre »

My Charley, a wonderful dachshund, is listed on your new site. It's wonderful!