URGENT! URGENT! Disabled Doxie needs foster or adopter NOW

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

URGENT! URGENT! Disabled Doxie needs foster or adopter NOW

Post by Christine »

This family is literally running from a domestic violence situation and the owner of Pee Wee has her daughter's children to keep them from harm. She is overwhelmed and scared and cannot take Pee Wee to their new home as the landlord will not allow pets. Does anyone have contacts in Oregon or Nevada? We have contacted several doxie rescues and I am headed for Petfinder to try some more.
Please crosspost this one - we are running out of time. Sorry, there are no pictures at this time, but we might have a video and some pictures later this evening.

He has no bladder or bowel control. Has a wheelchair - needs omeone who can give him the attention and care necessary.

CROSSPOSTING FOR PEE WEE, THE LITTLE SENIOR PARALYZED DOXIE BOY WHO NEEDS RESCUE/A NEW HOME****THE FAMILY IS MOVING TO LAS VEGAS THIS SUNDAY, 7/31/11, SO I AM NOW CONTACTING RESCUES IN THE LAS VEGAS AREA ASKING FOR HELP IN SAVING THIS LITTLE ONE****PLEASE READ ABOUT PEE WEE'S SITUATION BELOW AND ALL ABOUT HIM IN THE HIGHLIGHTED SECTION IN BLUE*****PLEASE, PLEASE, IF THERE IS ANYONE AT ALL OUT THERE ANYWHERE WHO CAN SAVE THIS LITTLE ONE, PLEASE CONTACT PATRICIA AT THE EMAIL LISTED BELOW****THIS IS OF DIRE URGENCY! IF YOU CAN NOT SAVE HIM, PLEASE CROSSPOST FAR AND WIDE (NO CRAIGSLIST) THANK YOU.
*PLEASE CONTACT PATRICIA AT: englishrose4life@yahoo.com (at yahoo.com)

IF YOU CAN SAVE THIS SWEET BOY

I have been in contact with the owner. Pee Wee has no bowel or bladder control.

They are moving to Las Vegas on Sunday. They will be renting an apt. and taking care of their very young grandchildren. Landlord doesn't want pets. I asked them if they could take him with them if at all possible, and let the landlord know they are trying to find rescue/a home for Pee Wee. I think they might be willing to do that.

I am desperately trying to find rescue, etc. in the Las Vegas area. I just joined the Las Vegas Doxie Meetup Group, and asked them for help.

Can you please cross-post, and ask everyone to forward this email to anyone and everyone they might know in the Las Vegas or Nevada area?

I am still waiting on this woman to send pictures to my cell phone. I haven't gotten them yet.

Cheryl Anderson princes7ca@yahoo.com
OTRA Verified Transporter
All American Dachshund Rescue

DIRE EMERGENCY!!! OREGON DOXIE RESCUE IS FULL!! *READ EMAIL BELOW ABOUT PEE WEE AND HIS CURRENT SITUATION**

*PLEASE CONTACT PATRICIA AT: englishrose4life@yahoo.com (at yahoo.com)

IF YOU CAN SAVE THIS SWEET BOY.

*IF YOU CAN NOT HELP, PLEASE CROSS-POST FAR AND WIDE. I HAVE NO PICTURES OF HIM TO SEND TO YOU.

From: Patricia Robinson englishrose4life@yahoo.com (at yahoo.com)
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:24 AM
To: jrangan@teleport.com
Subject: Pee Wee

Hi; I don’t know if you remember me? I have a 10 year old little Dachshund Pee Wee. He became paralyzed 3 years ago, and I called you for advice, and I need your help! We have to move out of state this weekend, and I have been trying to find Pee Wee a good home. He’s a love and a very good little dog.

Our daughter had some domestic problems, and I have my 2 grand children living with me now and I have no time to assist Pee Wee in his daily needs. I feel so sorry for him but one of my grand kids is only 1 year old, and she takes all my time, and financially we are not able to keep up with vet bills. I got him a wheel chair and he hates it.

Can you please help me?? I do not know what to do. He needs a good home.

Thank you,

Patricia
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Need Advice about dog who hates wheelchair

Post by Christine »

This dog still urgently needs another place as the owner took him to the new apartment, even though the landlord does not allow pets (we are working on that). I can only assume why Pee Wee hates his chair (might not fit properly, maybe it scared him, maybe it hurt the first time, etc.) Can those of you with suggestions, please add them here so I can pass them on. He would be easier for Patricia to care for and a new home to find if this was not an issue.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Re: URGENT! URGENT! Disabled Doxie needs foster or adopter N

Post by Bobbie »

Does someone have pictures of the dog in it's cart that could be sent to the cart maker to evaluate the fit?
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
Christine

Post by Christine »

That has been our biggest hurdle so far - getting a picture. I just wrote a long email to the owner this morning, explaining how much difference a picture will make to make her story stand out among the hundreds bveing circulated every day. This makes it even more important. I will mention that to her. Her digital camera is broken so I suggested contacting one of the nearby shelters to see if they would photography and send the picture to me. I also stressed taking at least one in his chair to show that he is special needs and that the chair comes with him. Do you have a particular company in mind that might be more helpful even though she did not purchase from them? Thanks, Bobbie.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

We a picture! Not really sure if the landlord knows he is there or not, but Patricia says things are getting more urgent.
Attachments
pee wee.jpg
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

Christine,
Remember Molly the little paralyzed long haired dachie from NYC? Remember she went to a dachie rescue that had a nurse foster who was going to care for her? I wonder if she could take in this little guy too? Do you have the contact information for that rescue group or Molly's mom? /Jean
PS: I have been gone from this forum for a couple years but remember the guy who had a lot of paralyzed dachies. I can't remember his name?
Christine

Post by Christine »

That is Paul Coover, but I believe with 8-9 doxies and a baby he is maxed out. I have been trying to backtrack and find information on Molly and/or her foster and rescue and I am not having any luck. Pee Wee is in Nevada. I think we have contacted every doxie group on the planet, but I wish I could find the information you are talking about in case we missed them.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

Do you still have Molly's email address ? I can't find any information either but will look later but I know this is URGENT. sigh
Wasn't her doggy under Urgent rescue also on HPBB?
Remember Molly's last name was spelled wrong but you added an l (Spindell ??) and then found the number for their art studio. /Jean