Centre County, PA: 19 year old deaf cat with lots of love to

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Centre County, PA: 19 year old deaf cat with lots of love to

Post by Christine »

Urgent request: Sandy was saved at the last minute by this wonderful family, but now their own cat is ill and Sandy does not get along with other cats. Please help them find the perfect home for Sandy, where she will be the only cat.

WHO AM I? My name is Sandy and I am 19 years old! I am deaf, but that does not stop me from enjoying my family and cuddles, even though I really don't care for other cats. I would love a dog friend, though. Another cat who lives here is sick so my rescuer said I need to go to another home or they might have to send me to a shelter. Darn...they just saved me from my original owner who wanted to have me PTS (whatever that means) and I was just getting used to everyone. They don't want to send me back there or to a shelter where I could be PTS (??), but they might have to make that decision.

I have been declawed on my front paws so I make very sweet and soft biscuits! I have been combo tested negative. All I need is a soft bed, a window sill or a little corner to nap in. I promise I won't be any trouble .... I am a little grandma cat, you know!

WHERE AM I? Centre County, PA

HOW CAN I HELP? Contact m_hintosh@hotmail.com if you can give me a home.
Crosspost and tell anyone you know who might need a grandma cat to take care of them.

Donate even a dollar (if you can) because this nice family wants to get some bloodwork done to make sure my kidneys are okaye and for food and litter.

[chipin]60f3941a8b73c2f6[/chipin]
Attachments
sandy.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
UrgentRescue

Re: Centre County, PA: 19 year old deaf cat with lots of lov

Post by UrgentRescue »

Absolutey. I know of a perfect home for her in Bucks County PA (19067). Can you help me get her there, please? Write me at causeforaws [....at....] msn.com ad I will email the address given in the post. Thanks.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Hi Sid,

I would contact her rescuer directly since she is in PA. m_hintosh@hotmail.com

She is dedicated to finding Sandy a good home and if this potential adopter is in PA, I know they will be able to work it out. Is this a home where Sandy will be the only cat? Crossing my fingers for this little grandma cat... Thank you!
?/1999 - 10/25/08
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

She's the spitting image of my then-ancient (and deaf) MamaCat. :cry:
Anikaca77

Post by Anikaca77 »

Here is an update on Sandy:

Sandy was taken to the vets on 12/8/11 because we wanted to have her bloodwork done before we adopt her out. It's with great sadness that I have to type this...Sandy is in Chronic Renal Failure. It has been going on for a while the vet said. We will try to give her a special diet and see how she feels about that. We are very grateful for the donations we did receive to get Sandy to the vets. We are going to leave up her chipin page because we will need funds to keep her comfortable for as long as we can till the end.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. However, it is comforting to know that she is with such caring people at the end of her life. You know that there are many here who have dealt with this issue and if you need any extra advice and, of course, support, this is the place to ask for it.

Thank you for keeping us up to date. Sending healing prayers for this little girl.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

i knew a cat who was diagnosed with renal failure at age 19 and lived to be 21.
giving fluids on a regular basis can make a HUGE difference. hope she likes her food.

bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"