one year on...

Please post questions about pets who are expected to undergo amputation or who have already undergone amputation here, as well as pets born with missing or incomplete limbs.
tessa

one year on...

Post by tessa »

hallo friends.
i haven't been around lately but do think of you all from time to time.
today is one year since i lost my xena. my heart still aches for her. i suppose it always will.
the new pup is a dear and she is completely settled into home here, of course not knowing that all her favourite spots were xena's favourite spots before her, and sometimes it is hard to look to xena's mat and see sasha fast asleep on it, oblivious.
but time marches on.
today we will plant a jasmine vine in xena's memory. they bloom here at this time of year and the courtyard is fragrant with the vine ready and waiting for its planting out. every time it will bloom in the future, it will remind us of the sweetness we lost in our lives, on this day, 2009.
rest, sweet xena.
i love you to my core...still.
Christine

Re: one year on...

Post by Christine »

Xena will always have a place in my heart, right next to Bailey. Take care, dear friend.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

I simply cannot believe it is a year already. This anniversary hits close to home as I am about to lose my heart-dog Sara way too soon.
tessa

Post by tessa »

lisa...i'm sorry to hear about sara.
at least with xena...we knew for 3 years it would come. still...we couldn't quite believe it.
she is as close to my heart today...as she ever was.
so too will be sara.

i miss you christine.
hope all is well with you.
luvmytripod

Post by luvmytripod »

Wow. One year. So very hard to beleive. It's funny...I haven't been here much and it just popped into my head, "I wonder how tessa's doing?" I'm glad to see an update, even if it's bittersweet...you guys are often on my mind. Are there pictures of your new little one?
tessa

Post by tessa »

hi friends.
i just got the newsletter from handicappedpets.com and it reminded me to come back and say hello.
it's been over two and a half years since xena died in my arms...and the pain is still to hard to face.
i'm a filmmaker, and i have miles of footage of xena, but still don't have the strength to edit it and make my tribute to her.
i will tho. i promise.
one day i'll be that strong.

it was bittersweet to come here today and see her picture still as this board's icon.
she was a beautiful girl, with a beautiful soul.
i thought i could never love like that again.
but i was wrong.
i can love equally as hard as that again, it seems.
i have a new little girl who is full of beans.
a little kelpie who is cheeky AS, and who has latched onto my heart as tho it had never been broken.

i think of you all here from time to time.

big love,
tessa
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Wow Tessa, it's good to know it is possible. The little kelpie is as lucky as a dog can be. Very, very happy for both of you. I still think of you and Peter and others, it's really good to see you drop in again. :angel:
Christine

Post by Christine »

Hi Tessa,

I was thinking about you just a few days ago and here you are! I so very much understand how you feel. I create Rainbow Memorials for so many people and just cannot bring myself to do one for Bailey yet. So too, I have her baby sister, Penny who has helped to heal my heart because I know Bailey arranged for her to be here when it was her time to leave me. I tell her often that her big sister would be proud of the way she takes care of me. We can't help but love another so intensely...they taught us how and smile down on us because of it.

We'd love to see a picture of your little kelpie.

Please remember that Xena and her blog continue to teach and sooth the fears of many people who come here looking for guidance when their pet has lost a limb.

Love,

Christine
?/1999 - 10/25/08
tessa

Post by tessa »

hi carol and christine...

here is a picture of my cheeky sasha.
she sure does love the luxury of modern living.
at the same time...she enjoys herding things. US, especially.

she was a hand-full as a puppy.
ate a blowfish and had to be rushed to emergency.
developed a fungal infection on her nose and had to be rushed to emergency.
same emergency as xena...so a lot of triggery memories there.
the one thing i've NEVER forgotten...
are bailey balls.
tragic that they are still coming in handy!
Christine

Post by Christine »

She's beautiful. I had to laugh about the pillow under her head. I will actually lift their heads and place a pillow under them while they are sleeping and my husband just shakes his head.
?/1999 - 10/25/08