apparently

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

apparently

Post by BendyMom »

the bendymom is not good enough to adopt mutant kittens.
Tho, no one ever told Butterbean that.
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
CarolC

Re: apparently

Post by CarolC »

What??? Says who? Why??? :?
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

well i've been passed up for two in a row.
what REALLY galls ms is that the rescue just falls silent. they don't have the manners to even say "we're sorry but we decided to send kitty to someone else"
maybe they think i have my hands full
maybe i'm too far away
maybe they think i'm a nut case who collects wierd cats
maybe i seemed to eager to have the kitten (some people get wierded out by that, i think its a good thing)
i don't know but i really resent them just going silent.
one might have passed awway, she was quite sick and they were trying hard to get her well, but we had a dialouge going. suddenly nothing.
the other, #### i don't know.

i'm finding myself looking at pictures of little tabby bobtails with straight legs now. sighs.

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

finally got word about the little blind twisty in teh western part of the state and they said to give them a call.
She is doing well, they are working with water therapy and her use of her legs has improved dramatically. my suggestion of pumpkin for her runny poop fixed that problem. they are afraid to send her anywhere right now becaues they fear she still might develop other problems, which considering she is front and back twisty and blind and has some continence issues, i can understand. we had a good conversation, she also explained she wasn't on the internet much. So hopefully the lil gal, Kooter, will turn out to be ok and come here to live. it is about a 3 hour drive one way, but for a cat i'll do it. :)

i'm feeling better about teh world in general today.
i seem to have become much moodier since losing my Bendy.
and i find i can't eat the dollar burgers at mcdonalds anymore. Bendy loved those. he would eat a half burger in no tiem.

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I am so glad they got back to you! I didn't have an answer yesterday when I read it, all I could think was it must be the distance and the fact that they don't know you. If I had a desperate case, I would want to get it into competent care as soon as possible. I would feel like the luckiest person in the world if someone with your qualifications offered to adopt the kitten. You have such extensive experience and success with such an assortment of very disabled kittens, and growing them into beautiful, physically healthy, as well as mentally healthy and whole adults. The pictures and videos speak for themselves.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

And butterbean came to me all the way from Florida!
I think it is downright silly to let distance be a factor when transportation is available. esp for a special needs critter!

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
Christine

Post by Christine »

They have no idea the treasure they are passing up. Lucky for the one who did respond. If you ever need a "secretary" to help you get acknowlegement or a response, let me know. I am very good at being "politely persistent"....I HATE it when people don't answer, especially when someone steps up to. It is only good business, not to mention courteous to respond.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08