Lost Lady Sierra

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
bbaugh

Lost Lady Sierra

Post by bbaugh »

Yesterday was a sad day. I took my sweet girl to the vet. He said her kidneys were failing. I didn't want to see her suffer I had her for 17 wonderful years. I really don't know what I am going to do without her. Words can not express the way I feel right now. My heart is broken .
CarolC

Re: Lost Lady Sierra

Post by CarolC »

17 years is a very long time. She had such a long life because of the love and care you gave her all those years. It is so sad that we have to outlive them, and when we are enjoying our daily lives together somehow we think it will go on forever. She is in your heart forever, and I hope you will be able to see her again one day.

:candle:
bbaugh

Post by bbaugh »

Thanks for the kind words.
Christine

Post by Christine »

I am so sorry to read this. 17 beautiful years is such a gift, but certainly no long enough. She is running free and healthy at the Bridge with Angel and Gracie right now. Take good care of yourself and take comfort in the fact that they all left you on the wings of love. :grouph:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I'm sorry for your loss. :cry:
bbaugh

Post by bbaugh »

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I miss her so very much. I am just glad she is not in anymore pain and certainly nut suffering. I just still have a hard time with it all.

The vet said we could take her home and give her nausea medicine and start her on a new food that would improve her quality of life a possible 4- 6 months. But when We took her home we tried giving her the medicine and she didn't like it. I just felt like she was really suffering. It was one of the hardest things I did. To tell you how far gone she was when they prepped her for the I've she had no fight in her she didn't even need a sedative . I think I made the right decision.