Stretch bandage for foot drop

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
CarolC

Stretch bandage for foot drop

Post by CarolC »

http://www.aisti.info/swe/fysioterapi/fysioterapi_f_r_neurologiska_patienter.html

This is a Swedish physiotherapy website and you have to put it in the Google translator or Babelfish to read it, but look what they're doing with tape on this Dachshund to correct knuckling.
stretch-bandage.jpg
critters
Founding Member

Re: Stretch bandage for foot drop

Post by critters »

Interesting idea, but Koi would hate that worse than shoes. Terrible thing to have such an ornery child!!!!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Thank goodness I copied this photo here, I was afraid it was gone. I requested that the webpage be archived on archive.org several years ago in case the webpage was ever taken down. It is still archived but without the photos, and this photo was the main reason I asked them to archive it. This may be the only source for this photo at this point, and what a loss it would be to lose it.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Effective, but it doesn't look very comfy. It seems to me that it would cause all kinds of skin breakdown, especially between the toes??
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Dunno. I could almost picture doing something like that with vetwrap... :)